We are always looking for awesome team members!
Baker/Ice Cream Maker – Daylight
Leona's Ice Cream Sandwiches is seeking a baker and ice cream maker to help our small company grow. We are passionate about the intersection of excellent ice cream and delicious cookies. We take pride in our ingredients, our methods and our community. We are curious, creative and obsessed with quality. We are looking for someone who shares the vision and wants to be a part of the company.
We're looking for a motivated, thoughtful, detail oriented and self-sufficient team member with previous kitchen and baking experience. You must want to work in food. They need to be able to juggle many moving parts at once and roll with the punches all while making exceptional cookies and ice cream.
***Our kitchen operates Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Occasional rotating Saturday’s during the season. We offer flexible scheduling, paid sick days and holidays, vision and dental.***
Please send your resume with relevant work experience and tell us why you're interested in working at Leona's Ice Cream.
· Follow and create detailed, efficient systems in the bakery
· Recipe preparation, portioning and baking cookies as well as all bakery prep and clean-up duties associated with baking and ice cream making
· Ask questions and bring solutions
· Establish and maintain positive relationships with entire staff and owners
· Tracking par levels for ingredients, and notifying the manager when reorders are needed.
· Ability to think quickly, react positively, and maintain flow of operations
· Contribute to a positive work environment for all team members
· Maintain active and thorough communication with team members
· You must be able lift 50 lbs. and withstand working in a hot kitchen environment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· 1+ year experience in baking/pastry role with positive track record
· Serve safe certified preferred
· Demonstrate ability to effectively work independently as well as a team setting
· Ability to independently manage multiple projects and tasks at once and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced work environment to meet tight deadlines
· Aptitude to learn fast and a desire for new information
· Flexibility to quickly adapt to new information
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail