WANT TO FIND OUT HOW THE MAGIC HAPPENS? WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR AWESOME TEAM MEMBERS
ASSISTANT BAKER/ICE CREAM MAKER
Leona's Ice Cream Sandwiches is seeking a part-time assistant baker and ice cream maker to help our small company grow. We are passionate about the intersection of excellent ice cream and delicious cookies. We take pride in our ingredients, our methods and our community. We are curious, creative and work very hard to achieve our goals. We are looking for someone who shares the vision and wants to be a part of the company.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us at the beginning of something big. We're looking for a motivated, thoughtful, detail oriented and self-sufficient team member with previous kitchen and baking experience. You must want to work in food. We are looking for someone who wants to stick with us as we grow and are not looking for a job until something better comes along. They need to be able to juggle many moving parts at once and roll with the punches all while making exceptional cookies. For the right person, there is room for career growth. Currently the position is 25+hours per week with potential for full-time.
· Follow and create detailed, efficient systems in the bakery
· Recipe preparation, portioning and baking cookies as well as all bakery prep and clean-up duties associated with baking
· Ask questions and bring solutions
· Establish and maintain positive relationships with entire staff
· Tracking par levels for ingredients, and notifying the manager when reorders are needed.
· Ability to think quickly, react positively, and maintain flow of operations
· Contribute to a positive work environment for all team members
· Maintain active and thorough communication with team members
· You must be able lift 25-50 lbs.
· Consistently produce damn good cookies
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· 1+ year experience in baking/pastry role with positive track record
· Serve safe certified food manager or ability to quickly become certified
· Demonstrate ability to effectively work independently as well as a team setting
· Ability to independently manage multiple projects and tasks at once and effectively
prioritize in a fast-paced work environment to meet tight deadlines
· Aptitude to learn fast and a desire for new information
· Flexibility to quickly adapt to new information
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail