Hello! As 2016 comes to a close we are looking forward to a fresh new year, new business possibilities and a some really big plans for Leona's Ice Cream. We'll be updating you, our beloved friends and customers on the news as it happens.
But before we look forward, let's look back at the top 5 things that happened during this crazy year.
- Concord grape ice cream on a peanut butter cookie. Totally unexpected and crazy delicous.
- Leona's in more than 30 locations! Leona's ice cream sandwiches are available in markets and restaurants from Ross to Peters and from Export to Robinson. See the whole list on our website.
- Expanded both staff and equipment. Our crew of hardworking bakers and ice cream makers multiplied from two to four amazing women. Thank you Nicole, Emma, Rachel and Ellie. We also were able to purchase a larger equipment and walk-in refrigeration. These new additions will help us grow in 2017.
- Sold over state lines, thank you Ohio! We love rustbelt cities and all of the hard work that they represent. We had an amazing experience attending the Youngstown Flea this summer. We felt the love and loved 'em right back.
- Gluten Free Cookies. We finally hit on a gluten free cookie that both tasted good and held up to freezing. Our friends at Enrico Biscotti generously allow us to use their almond macaroon recipe, it's naturally gluten free and it's fantastic!
Have a happy New Year and we'll see you in 2017!
Katie & Christa